Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Spring Has Sprung

Highlight of the week was that my daughter learned how to ride a bike. She is 7 years old, and I have been careful not to push her, but once she showed interest I was all in. It took parts of two days, Saturday and Sunday, now she is good to go. Now a couple of the neighbors want me to teach their kids to ride...maybe...but it sounds like too much work. My 5 year old son is next.

On the training blather front, I ended up with just under 12 hours for last week with 10:40 on the bike and an hour of yoga on Thursday. So the last three weeks have been 10, 10, and 12 hours. Overall, I an starting to feel pretty good. Weight is down to 192 with goal of 180+- for Vultures Knob on 4/27. My nutrition will be a focus going forward (i.e. what I eat and to lesser extent how much) and based on past experience the weight will come off.

Saturday I was out the door at 7am and did 1.5 hours with Ehrlinger including Berkshire once and Shaker climb. Sunday did 4 hours and 70 miles with a big group including Ray, Dave S, John, Chris and we met up with my buddies Jason, Joe and Tom out in Hiram. Yesterday, was supposed to be an off daym but did 30 min ez spin on trainer in the morning and because it was so nice out I did another 1:10 outside after work, consisting of mostly zone 2 with 2 hard sprint efforts.

Doing Westlake tonight and planning to race Team Akron on Sunday morning.

I am not doing Cohutta 100 like my teammates.

Later,
BRD

No comments: