Monday, December 04, 2006

Ouch That Hurt

Final round of BA Series was Sunday. I decided it would be fun to do both the B race and the A race. Arrived at the venue about 15 minutes before the B race. Just enough time to register and get dressed. A large field of Bs were greeted by sub 30 temps, frozen ground and a large mudhole to contend with.

At the start of the B race I was in the top ten, then my chain fell off my fixed gear bike. By the time I got it back on, the Bs were long gone and the Cs also had passed me. Once I got the chain back on, I rode as hard as a could and was passing Cs and Bs. By the end, I worked my way close to the top 10 but could not make up all the time I gave away at the start.

For the A race I switched to my cross bike with gears and a free hub. It was a small field of 12 or so, but very fast. Due to my effort in the B race I would not hold the pace at the start. Once things slowed down a bit a settled into a groove and rode pretty well.

All in all, a good workout, although my lungs are a little tender from the cold air. I stuck around for the awards ceremony. Congrats to all the winners and for everyone that participated.

Later,

BRD

No comments: