Monday, November 13, 2006

BA Cross #4


Round 4 of BA Series (http://www.teamlakeeffect.com/) was this past Saturday. Weather was wet, cold and raining...perfect for cyclocross. The wet course was all about power...because going through the turns was slow going. The extra lbs I am carrying around sure did not help matters. I started well in around 3rd place, but we made wrong turn and and I could not make up the gap.


I was having problems on the run up, did not have toe spikes. Then first time up the off camber at the end of the sidewalk, I had to dismount, as I was in the wrong gear. The leaders quickly pulled away as I struggled in the wet grass. Erhlinger started catching me. I kept my focus and worked hard to keep the momentum up. My teammates were cheering like rapid dogs and it was AWESOME, it really helped me keep givin it.


Anyway, at the end of the day I finished in 10th place (out of 12) in the A group. Race was won by Shawn Adams (Alan Factory) followed by Steve Twining (Solon Bicycle) , Jimmy McDonald (Alan Factory), Ernie Marenchin (Asylum/Speedgoat) and Matt Weeks (October Lake Effect). My laps times would have put me in the top 3-5 of the B group.


No racing Sunday. Instead did a 3.5 hour ride on my fixed gear mountain bike. Lots of high cadence stuff along with a few hard climbs. 44 x 18 was a killa.


Later,

BRD

No comments: