Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Training, Weight Loss and Such

Started official bike practice yesterday for 2011 season. With the horrible weather in the Midwest, it looks like a long winter of indoor trainer rides. Fixed up the basement bike room to make it a little more bearable. I have mapped out a training plan and race schedule that takes me thru the Mohican 100k on June 5th.





Currently, I am in pretty miserable shape and weighed in at 212 today....ouch it hurts even writing it. Pushing maximum density. Need to get it down around 185-190 before March 1. I know how to do it....have done it before....I have a plan....just need to stick to it.


Training Plan is as follows:


Base miles between now and mid February. Trainer rides during the week and outside rides on the weekends (early mornings if anyone is interested?). Hours will build gradually peaking in February. Will supplement the saddle time with some yoga and other fitness classes at LifeTime Fitness.


A group of us are trying to put together a training camp in mid February down in SC. After training camp, will add some structured intensity and more climbing with Barry Roubaix 65 as a target race on March 26th.


Then a little break (as in spring break at the beach) followed by eight (8) weeks of racing and training leading up to Mohican 100k which is my A PRIORITY RACE for the entire year. Spring road races (RATL, Covered Bridge), Westlake Training Crit, Vultures Knob XC races in April and May, and Chippewa CR are among the possible races. Another possibility is Cohutta 100 on April 30th.


In another recent development, my dad just got one of these, so me thinks some motorpacing will be in order....need to find a driver....my dad hates riding around at 25-30mph!!


Later,

BRD

No comments: