Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Weekend Update

After Cohutta, I took the week off the bike. Rode ez Saturday for 2 hours in the afternoon. Sunday rode down to Covered Bridge Circuit Race (or whatever they are calling it these days). Rode mostly Zone 2 with some Zone 3 and rolled the 28 miles in just under 1:30. Thanks to Carbon Racing, RGF and Snakebite for resurrecting this race series.
After some deliberation, I decided to race the Masters Race (B Group). We had at least 35+ or so in the field. I tried to stay near the front to avoid any crashes (there weren't any) and was active with a few attacks, albeit halfhearted. Just pass the railroad tracks on the last lap, a Stark Velo attacked and barely held on for the victory. I kind of got boxed in going by the school and was pretty far back, but made up some ground "surfin" wheels and managed to finish around 5th or 6th place (just out of the money). For the day ended up with a good solid 60 miles.



I am now focused on my preparation for Mohican 100 on May 30th. I have changed up my eating and diet and know that dropping some weight will help on the climbs. For some strange reason, 195+ lbs does not feel so good over 10k-12k feet of climbing and 100 miles. My better results have occurred when I was between 180-185 (see above).
Westlake starts tonight and I will be there for my weekly thrashing in the A Group.


Later,


BRD

No comments: