Monday, September 29, 2008

Breck Epic 2009

Holy shit, I just read that this race is planned for 2009. Check out the link here.

Imagine, if you will, a 5 day mtb stage race in July 2009 with 5 stages plus a prologue off-road TT. The stages will be Monday thru Friday with the prologue taking place on Sunday afternoon. Solo categories will be offered along with teams of two. There will be a strong emphasis on course quality with very little road riding and gravel and fire road riding will be minimized. The promoter intends for this to be a rugged backcountry experience and will utilize a 'cloverleaf' model with each stage starting and finishing in Breckenridge. This means one campground/condo and no transfers. An estimated 90% of the terrain will be above 10,000 feet and cut-off times will be strictly enforced.

Wow! Sound like I'll be in CO in July 2009! Who's in? Rodgers, Daum, Auggie, Ken, Ross??

Later,
BRD

1 comment:

Gary Burkholder said...

If I did a MTB stage race, I'd have to take at least two weeks off of work. I'd take a few days of to travel and do the race, but I'd need a week or so of recovery afterward...