Monday, March 05, 2007

Riding outside...


is fun this time of year. And by fun, I mean better than riding inside, which is only slightly better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick. When riding outdoors in crappy weather it is nice to have a bike with full fenders (see above picture of the winter bike) AND a carrot.


My carrot for December and January was Razorback. By carrot, I mean a reason to get out of bed at 5 am to ride the indoor trainer for 1.5 to 2 hours. Now that my carrot is over with, I need to create another carrot.


Lets see? Another 60 days of shitty weather here in sunny Cleveland......hmmm.....maybe a race at the end of April?????......maybe a race with a $10k cash purse and $25k in swag. Maybe a 12 hour race with lots of fast pros and former Olympians to test yourself against??


So with that said, I am 80% sure I am going to register (or try to if they are not filled) for the Dirt, Sweat & Gears 12 Hour in TN on April 28th.


Look to be driving down there with the family and some of the fellas. The more the merrier. I need a pit crew that averages a beer a lap per man/woman/child. The bigger the party, the better. It sure keeps a smile on my face as I roll through the pit area and see everyone having a good time. Need to keep the party going while I am pounding out some laps, so long as they save me an icey cold adult beverage (or two) to enjoy after the race.


Later,
BRD

No comments: