Thursday, October 12, 2006

2007 Planning

With 2006 season wrapping up, I am starting to think about 2007 goals, races, training, etc.

I continue to work with coach Brent (www.endurasolutions.com) as I firmly believe the structure I incorporated in 2006 has really helped. I am looking to continue to improve my speed and fitness in 2007. While I still think I need to work on Endurance, I need to get faster in 1 hour to 3 hour efforts, so I can stay with the leaders in the 6-12 hour events.

Right now I am formulating race goals, training goals and an overall plan for 2007. The big picture is as follows: Dec 15 - Jan 15 Base Miles; Jan 15 - Feb 15 Base Miles plus Some Intensity to prepare for 12 Hours of Razorback; Feb 20 - March 30 Intensity and Speed Work to get faster and be ready for Westlake Training Series (www.cvalleyvelo.com) which begins in early April. Local road and mtb races in April and May followed by the start of the Ultra 100 Miler Series (http://www.usmtb100.com/MX/). Mohican 100 is usually beginning of June and I will be ready.

Thanks for reading,
BRD

No comments: