Monday, November 17, 2008

BA Cyclocross #5

Round 5 of the local Cyclocross series was held yesterday at the Fields soccer complex in Broadview Heights. With overnight preciptation and temperatures in the 30s it was sure to be a fun filled and muddy day. I dusted off the old KHS cyclocross bike and removed the fenders and third wheel.




I got to the race early at around 12:45 and had plenty of time before the 1:45pm start. I did a easy lap on the KHS and was at my car doing some last minute prep when I somehow missed the start. I had to chase and chase and evetually I began to catch people, I was closing in on Derek but with 2 laps to go I flatted. I rode/ran about 3/4 of a lap to the pit and rode the last lap on the old KHS. That might be my last race of the year as I have a conflict on 12/6. Unless, I can get my papers signed for the State Champ race next weekend. Thanks to Lake Effect for putting on a nice event.

Later,

BRD

1 comment:

Stella Erratic said...

The last race is on 12/7, not the 6th... maybe you can make the start then.