Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Cross Action

No training, no riding, too much eating, controlled mayhem at work. Plan for Sunday was to race both B and A race. Course was excellent. Swapped fixie to single speed, but did not have tie to install rear brake...who needs brakes? Got a good start and promptly crashed HARD because I did not have rear brakes. About 1 minute later, I broke my pedal so I had to swap bikes.

Switched to the Tri-Cross and worked my way up from 20th to about 6th overall. Fun to race with a big group including Brian L., Ray, Rick, Gary. After the race I was pretty spent, so I took start of A race then screwed around after the first lap. Congrats to John E. on a nice race. Later, BRD


Thanks to Rick A. for the picture.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

whats that big red thing coming out of your jersey?

Anonymous said...

darren.spence@mcmaster.com

Gary Burkholder said...

geeze- you've been having some bad luck with pedals lately...