Monday, August 13, 2007

Keeping Up

While teammates Ross and Kevin were battling the altitude and lots of climbing at the Leadville 100, I did my best to get some miles in this week. They both got the GOLD BUCKLE by finishing under 9 hours. Pretty good for Ohio boys.

For the week I ended up with 10 hours. After Wilderness 101, I took Sunday and Monday off and then did a 2.5 hour group road ride Tuesday night. I felt FREAKISHLY good and I attacked all the climbs. Seem to notice the more I ride my bike the faster I get...whooa what a concept!

No riding Wednesday and Thursday and did 1:15 road ride Friday morning. Did a good 1:45 ride saturday with John E. We did some good tempo and a few hard short efforts. Sunday went down to Orville for Milk Race. Ended up 12th in Master 35+ class. Did lots of work and helped pull back a spilt on the last lap. Finished with the group in bunch sprint for 3rd (Baldesare and Braumberger escaped on the last lap). Did not have enough in the legs to accelerate at the end.

Wife and kids were out of town, so after rolling around for a while, I went over to Vultures Knob and rode the mtb for about 2 hours. Fun, fun, fun. Next up is Shenandoah 100 on 9/2 and then 24 Hours of Mohican on 9/15. Tinker did 16 laps last year. Thats sounds like a good number to shoot for. Yeahh baby!

Later,
BRD

No comments: